Monday, February 6, 2012

Mutya Ng Ibaan 2012 Candidate Alyssa Marie G, Torre

Brgy. Coliat's Pride: Ms. Alyssa Marie G. Torre
Profile

Full Name: Alyssa Marie G. Torre
Age: 18 Yrs old
Height: 5’6
Vital Statistics:
Education/Course/Year: 1st year, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
School: AMA Computer University (Lipa  City Campus)
Parents/Guardian: Jose Torre and Estelita Torre

The Interview

TIA:  What would you do if Phil Younghusband knocks at your room’s door?
Alyssa Marie:  I will be honored because a famous football player is in front of me. I will greet him kindly and politely ask him what I can do for him. I would invite him on our sala and entertain him warml.

TIA:  What’s the worst pick-up line you’ve ever heard from a guy? When and where was that?

Alyssa Marie:  The worst pick up line that I’ve ever heard is “Charger ka ba? Wala kasi akong ibang makapagkunan ng lakas kundi IKAW. Tapos yun naman pala kaliwa’t kanan ang girlfriend.Hehe.

Flirting with guys is never Alyssa's cup of tea.
TIA:  Has anyone broken your heart before? What happened?
Alyssa Marie:  Yes, it gave me so much pain. And it took me a long time to before I’m able to move on. But because of my friends who were always there for me, I somehow survived it. They kept on telling me na “Kahit iwanan ka ng mga lalaking yan andito kami at hindi ka namin iiwan. Mananatiling mo kaming tunay n kaibigan". Those words did give me strength. And here I am now; ready to take the stage on Coronation Night!

TIA:  What do you think of him now? What will you tell him if given the chance?
Alyssa Marie:  He’s doing good right now with his new girlfriend. And I don’t want to mess around with them. The last time I saw them, lumapit ako, and greeted them. I flashed some smile. That made the girl to hold his hand. And without any hesitation, I introduced myself as the guy’s former girlfriend. Hahaha! And ganda ng eksena. Mag-isa pa naman ako that time. https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/images/blank.gif

TIA:  What can you do to make a guy hate you?

Alyssa Marie:  Flirting with other guy. That will definite make my boyfriend’s, for example, guns smoke like crazy. But that’s not my cup of tea. I’ll stand by my man and be the best girlfriend I can be. I am a friendly person. I just hope my man won’t misinterpret that. Honestly, the night can keep me awake until morning kapag alam ko may galit o tampo siya sa’ken. Kaya ayun, I make sure na maayos ko kaagad the following day.

"I believe there's more to find in here", says Alyssa.
TIA:  What’s the first thing you’ll do after the pageant?
Alyssa Marie:  After the pageant, once I get hold of my computer, I’ll immediately make a post on my Facebook’s wall how much appreciate the support people have given me. I have to thank them for believing in me and for helping me go through the competition. But more importantly, I will never forget to thank God for giving me enough strength to continue this pageant.

TIA:  Do you cook? If you do, what do you usually cook? Will your future husband be proud of your kitchen prowess?
Alyssa Marie:  Honestly, I don’t have the skills to be at the kitchen. Puro “fried” lang ang alam ko. Haha! But I’m learning the stuff. I envy those who know how to cook. As they say, the fastest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. So I really need to learn how. My Mom even told it’s not good gorge on fried food the whole day! Sana matuto ako para naman matuwa ang magiging husband ko. Haha!

TIA:  What part of your house gives you the serenity you’re looking for?
Alyssa Marie:  I like being in my room. It’s really relaxing. A heavenly place for me, much more while listening to smooth, romantic and easy listening music. It gives me a comforting feeling.

Despite criticisms, Alyssa remains strong on her fight in Mutya ng Ibaan 2012.
TIA:  Where do you think you’ll have a better life/work, in the Philippines or abroad? Why?
Alyssa Marie:  It’s nice to work abroad if you are sure that your employer is good. We’ve been hearing stories of OFWs being fooled by their employers. Worst, some employment agencies run by fellow Filipinos take the lead in burdening our OFWs. I don’t want that to happen to me. If that’s going to be the trend these days, I prefer working here in Philippines. I believe there’s more to find in here. It only takes patience and perseverance to find a financially rewarding job in our country.

TIA:  How would you feel assuming you failed to win Mutya ng Ibaan 2012?

Alyssa Marie:  Being part of this pageant has been an unforgettable journey. I learned many things to improve my confidence and to appreciate myself. And if I lose, admittedly, I might be disappointed. But then, I will still consider myself a winner being able to join this contest. Not everyone get the chance to be part of this, especially during Ibaan’s 180th founding anniversary. I’ll cherish that for the rest of my life. At least, I have some story to tell my kids in the future. I will not include in my long list of failures. This will on top of my accomplishments list.
Alyssa is not worried about losing. What's important is that you're fighting.

TIA:  What’s the most sarcastic/offensive comment you’ve heard about you since you joined Mutya ng Ibaan 2012?

Alyssa Marie:  I’ve heard a lots of offensive comments about me since I joined Mutya ng Ibaan 2012. Others would say things like “Bakit sya ang candidate? Walang-wala na ba sa Coliat?” Tapos pagtatawanan ka pa nila. Those things hurt me a lot. Don’t they understand how hard it is to be in this competition? They should have fielded their own bet. I’ll be glad to give way. For such, in most cases, I rather not speak a word that trigger any arguments with them. Good thing I have my family and friends with me. They are the source of my strength. I have to thank them. Of course, if not all, I still believe our barangay Coliat is behind me and supporting me. In return, I trust myself as well that I can do this. God is always there for me also. He know I need all the strength I need. And He’s giving me that.
The world is big enough. But she's ready to take her chances.

TIA:  How are you going to promote your barangay and the Municipality of Ibaan?

Alyssa Marie:  One of the best delicacies that our municipality has is tamales. And the best tasting tamales I’ve tried is from our barangay. My family was once a producer of tamales. And I’ll be proud to promote tamales by taking it to other towns and municipalities. I want them to have a taste of our “primera klase” delicacy. But before that, I’ll start with my classmates. And hopefully, that will pave the way for better promoting our barangay and Ibaan.

TIA:  What is your stand in Reproductive Health Bill?

Alyssa Marie:  I agree with Reproductive Health Bill. Our country is already over-populated. Admit it or not, this has been worsening the poverty situation. Don’t we get tired of seeing crimes come to life almost every minute of the day? I believe we need to do something about it. Maybe if we can control the growing population, then may be the level of poverty our country is experiencing will also be lowered. This should bring us close economically with other countries.

TIA:  Is there anything that you want to change in Ibaan?
Alyssa Marie:  I think what I want is not a change but an improvement. One thing I want to improve is our road in Brgy. Palindan going to  Brgy. Malainin’. Everyone knows the comfort a well constructed pavements brings. There’s comfort and ease in there. This way, they’ll appreciate more of ibaan. 

TIA:  Among the candidates, who do you think is the most competitive? Why?
Alyssa Marie:  It’s Ate Jem Gladys Gatdula Donceras of Brgy. Mabalor. She has the right height, sweet face, and the perfect body. It’s that I’m putting myself down. But I think she got what it takes. However, this should not stop from winning. I am to give my very best during the pageant. I want to make my barangay and my family proud of me. This is for them anyway. 


Ibaan 180th Founding Anniversary Schedule of Activities
STAR Toll Exit (Brgy. Malinin - Brgy. Lapulapu, Ibaan, Batangas) photos by Ronald S. Toreja of Taga Ibaan Ako

______________________














No comments:

Post a Comment